Day 7 was a day for catching up on other projects, but I still managed to sneak in some time to work on the rogues and rangers set. In addition, I got the gallery page started. Really, there isn't a whole lot to say about day 7.
Day 8, though...
Day 8 begins week two of the challenge! Week two begins with 94 pieces complete. 146 left to go! I think I actually ended up with extra NOVA Corps, so there are a few more than 240, but close enough! Most of the sets from here on out will take a couple of days to finish, but we are still on track and even ahead of schedule! That means more time to put together the photo gallery, do touch ups, add freehand, and create some nice bases. By the way, I will be adding 1 inch square bases to most of the minis. Some of the larger minis will have larger bases, and some of the familiars will have tiny bases. For the sake of stability, I think the bases are needed.
Day 8 saw the completion of the rogues and rangers set, and some better photos taken so I can work on the gallery!
Tomorrow will not have an update, and I will not get to paint tomorrow. My son has a birthday, so I am taking the day to eat cake and go swimming! (Also, to play chauffeur to several teenage boys)
I will catch up to you again on Wednesday, when I start the next set. Let me know what you think it should be!
REAPER BONES TWO MONTH CHALLENGE STARTED TODAY!
240 minis in 8 weeks.
Like many people, I have a Reaper Bones Vampire set, and much like many (or even most) of those people, my vampire set is unpainted! Bones 2 is coming out soon, and I want to get these painted first.
So I will!
Starting Today, Monday, July 21st, I will paint the entire vampire set in two months (or less)! I have decided to do progress reports and photos, and explain my methods for painting quickly. I will be spending twenty hours a week on the vampire set, so I will have time to run my business as well.
These will be tabletop to high tabletop quality, and when they are complete, the entire painted set will be put on ebay as an auction.
I hope some of you will follow along or at least check in from time to time to see the progress. I will be creating a page specifically for this project once I have a dozen or so pieces complete.
Today was the setup day for the project. This meant unbagging the rest of the bones and sorting them.
The bones are sorted by size, type, and complexity to give an arrangement like this:
After organizing everything, I have about 2 1/2 hours to paint, so I decide to start with all of the small items. It is a large batch, but all of the pieces are fairly simple. Today, I have Goblins, Familiars, Vermin, Kobolds and I threw in the Dungeon Decor pieces for the sake of my sanity.
I give myself an extra half hour to paint, and with three hours of painting, I have a good basecoat on most of the pieces.
Tomorrow, I will finish all of the pieces above and start on the giants and monsters!
As soon as these are finished, I will create a gallery page for the photos of the completed models.
Thanks for reading!