As of Monday night, I had finished all prep and started basecoating my first set of minis. By Tuesday evening, I had finished all of the first set and started group 2. Group 2 consisted of Monsters and Giants. Here is my end of day 2 progress:
I also managed to start the basecoat on the monsters and giants.
That was the end of day 2. Minis completed: 60
Today was a short work day, because groceries must be purchased. Groceries acquired, netflix set up, and painting resumed. I focused on the monsters mostly. As you can see from the base coats above, I tend to block in very large areas of basic colors. I then move on to smaller areas, then go back and paint over the existing paint coat to put in the details. This allows me to block out my overall colors before I start doing any highlighting and shading. The finished photo of the monsters is below.
The giants are still in the blocking in phase.
As I finish the giants tomorrow, I will try to remember to take more photos along the way, to show exactly what steps I take. Also, I know these are not the best images. I am working now on getting the gallery set up with individual images of each mini or group (rats, kobolds, etc). If you have any questions or comments feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org Please keep in mind that I am fairly busy and may not respond immediately. I try to always respond within 24 hours. One last photo: The overhead shot for the day. The more observant among you may notice there are some minis with color on them that haven't been on my list. I hate wasting paint. If I accidentally pour too much paint, I grab a mini that will need that color and paint it. Don't worry, I will otherwise stick to my group at a time plan. Thanks for reading!