Day 7 was a day for catching up on other projects, but I still managed to sneak in some time to work on the rogues and rangers set. In addition, I got the gallery page started. Really, there isn't a whole lot to say about day 7.
Day 8, though...
Day 8 begins week two of the challenge! Week two begins with 94 pieces complete. 146 left to go! I think I actually ended up with extra NOVA Corps, so there are a few more than 240, but close enough! Most of the sets from here on out will take a couple of days to finish, but we are still on track and even ahead of schedule! That means more time to put together the photo gallery, do touch ups, add freehand, and create some nice bases. By the way, I will be adding 1 inch square bases to most of the minis. Some of the larger minis will have larger bases, and some of the familiars will have tiny bases. For the sake of stability, I think the bases are needed.
Day 8 saw the completion of the rogues and rangers set, and some better photos taken so I can work on the gallery!
Tomorrow will not have an update, and I will not get to paint tomorrow. My son has a birthday, so I am taking the day to eat cake and go swimming! (Also, to play chauffeur to several teenage boys)
I will catch up to you again on Wednesday, when I start the next set. Let me know what you think it should be!
Still working, still on track!
A lot happened on day 4, so I decided to make it a day off. Ran errands, drank lots of diet coke through my very fancy straw, and cleaned my office a bit.
I finished painting the Giants!
I asked the Reaper Forum Peeps what to paint next and they said... Lizards!
So I started painting the swamp set. I finished them on Day 6.
After finishing the swamp set, I decided to start on some character models, so I did the basecoat on the Rangers and Rogues set. They aren't finished yet, but I got a good start at least.
You may have noticed that the bases are fairly plain, and there are occasional dings in the paint. Before the end of the challenge, I will take a day or two to do touch ups and basing. At that time, if it looks like a mini needs additional work, and I have days remaining, I will do additional freehand, better highlights/shading, etc.
The goal for now is to have an entire set of playable, painted bones. That way, if there is a time crunch, no bones will be left out!
I am choosing my next few sets now. If you have any requests, let me know. I will try to do another update tomorrow if time permits. Check in again soon!
As of Monday night, I had finished all prep and started basecoating my first set of minis. By Tuesday evening, I had finished all of the first set and started group 2. Group 2 consisted of Monsters and Giants.